Does the idea of helping young people achieve things they never dreamed give you a buzz? Would you like to be part of a dynamic team that believes in doing rather than just talking? Then we’d like to hear from you…
All of our jobs are advertised through our dedicated jobs site:
Voluntary placements with the DofE
We sometimes offer exciting opportunities for voluntary placements within our various offices.
Jobs with our partners
DofE Licensed Organisations often have vacancies for roles to support the DofE in their area – from DofE Managers who are the main contact with the DofE Charity, to development workers and administrators. We publish them on this page when we are notified of them.
Please see below for details of any current vacancies and please ensure you apply direct to them.
If you are a Licensed Organisation or DofE centre with a current vacancy you'd like us to advertise (for free!), please email the details to [email protected].
Current partner vacancies:
Stockport Grammar School
Teaching staff, support staff, pupils and parents at the school, volunteers, DofE North of England Office
· KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES: To be responsible for the management, delivery monitoring, development and promotion of the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award at the school.
- To manage Stockport Grammar School’s large and well-established DofE programme.
- To work in line with the ethos of the school and form good relationships with pupils
- To inspire others within the DofE by personal example
- To organise and oversee running of expeditions for the Bronze, Silver and Gold Award
- To provide management, supervision and ongoing appraisal for volunteers supervisors and Assessors for the DofE at Stockport Grammar School.
- To organise training for staff and volunteers
- To organise and deliver training for pupils for expeditions
- To monitor progress of pupils in the DofE
- To ensure all paperwork is completed for expeditions and is compliant with school EV proceduresTo assist with open mornings, evenings, and organise presentation and enrolment evenings
- To distribute and maintain expedition equipment in conjunction with members of staff at the school
- To contribute to the strategic development of the DofE and to keep abreast of regional and national developments and priorities within the DofE framework
- To be responsible for managing the budget allocated to the DofE
- To undertake any other duties that commensurate with the post including attendance at staff meetings, INSET, staff training days etc.
- To ensure that all activities are conducted in accordance with the relevant Health & Safety legislation
- Mountain leadership qualification
- First aid qualification
- Qualifications in other relevant outdoor activities would be advantageous
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The successful post holder will be able to demonstrate:
- Work experience in a similar role with young people
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award, its requirements and philosophy
- A flexible, energetic, and organised approach
- A flexible approach to tasks, travel, and hours of work
MAIN TERMS & CONDITIONS
SALARY c.£28,000-30,000 subject to experience
HOURS OF WORK - Approximately 180 days per academic year
NOTICE PERIOD - 1 term
Applicants are asked to apply by completing the School’s application form which can be downloaded from the School’s website (www.stockportgrammar.co.uk). Closing date for applications is Friday 10th March 2017.
Stockport Grammar School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including checks with past employers and DBS.