How do I make a complaint to The Duke of Edinburgh's Award?
The DofE recognises that there will be occasions when things go wrong, or when someone wants to voice their concerns about our programme or activities, including the services we provide and/or the behaviour of a member of our staff.
A complaint is the first step in helping us put matters right and gives us an opportunity to learn and improve.
If you have a general enquiry, or wish to provide feedback, please contact your local DofE Regional or Country Office though our feedback from available at www.DofE.org/feedback.
How do I complain?
If your complaint is about one of our delivery partners or Licensed Organisations, please attempt to resolve the issue directly with them in the first instance. If you are unsatisfied with the response, please e-mail or write to your DofE Regional or Country office. Office addresses and contact information can be found online at www.dofe.org/takepart
If your complaint is about our other activities or our programme or services or events, please e-mail or write to your DofE Regional or Country office using the link above.
If your complaint is about an Approved Activity Provider (AAP), please attempt to resolve the issue directly with them in the first instance. If you are unsatisfied with the response please click here. Alternatively you can email [email protected] or call 01753 727423.
If your complaint is about our fundraising activities, please e-mail [email protected] or call 020 630 9039.
We will aim to acknowledge your complaint within three working days and if we cannot provide a full response within 10 days, we will keep you updated with the progress of our investigations.
We will treat your complaint seriously and with discretion.
- If the complaint involves one of the DofE's delivery partners it will be passed on to them for resolution.
- The DofE will designate a named member of staff to co-ordinate the response and ensure resolution.
- We aim to acknowledge the complaint in writing within 3 working days, with an outline of how and when the issue will be resolved.
- We will deal with it quickly and fairly, normally within 10 working days, and will keep you informed on progress.
- Where relevant, information will be treated in confidence.
- Any outcome or decision should be shared with you in writing, this is usually by email.
- The complaint will be used to review and improve our services.
- If your complaint was about fundraising, you will also be given details of the Fundraising Standards Board whom you can contact for an independent investigation.
What if I am still not satisfied?
In the unlikely event that you are not satisfied with our response, you may appeal to our Head Office which will reach a final decision, if appropriate, in consultation with the Chief Executive and Trustees. We prefer to receive this via the e-mail feedback form available at www.DofE.org/feedback (please select 'Head Office' as the recipient). However, if you would rather, you can post it to: Head of Operations, The Duke of Edinburgh's Award, Gulliver House, Madeira Walk, Windsor, Berkshire SL4 1EU.