What will you cover during the course?
- The mission and guiding principles of The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award
- Understanding DofE levels, sections, timescales and the development of DofE programmes
- The DofE structure and how it supports you
- The key roles of DofE Leaders
- How to ensure that the programme is based around the needs of the young people
- Information on the range of resources available to help you
- Good practice in the delivery of DofE programmes.
The Introduction to the DofE training course will provide you with the information needed to be a DofE Leader and run DofE programmes within a centre. It will put the learning from e-induction into context in a practical way.
It is suitable for new DofE Leaders as well as existing Leaders who want to improve their DofE knowledge.
- Increases your confidence in how to deliver quality DofE programmes to young people
- Fun and interactive
- Increases your knowledge of the DofE
- Offers the opportunity to network with other Leaders
- Nationally recognised certificate
Prior to attending this course, all delegates must have completed the online e-induction module and provide your letter of completion prior to attending the course. This is available free at www.DofEtraining.org
All delegates will be provided with a copy of The Handbook for DofE Leaders, which is included in the cost of the course.
Courses are run throughout the year by DofE Region/Country Offices, as well as Licensed Organisations.