The Award Verifier (AV) course is a new addition to the DofE’s Modular Training Framework (MTF).
The course equips Award Verifiers with the necessary DofE programme and practical knowledge to confidently meet the purpose of the role, execute key tasks and ultimately deliver high quality Award Verification in eDofE.
See here for a description of the course and a list of frequently asked questions.
What will you cover during the course?
Read the course training flyer and learning outcomes.
The Award Verifier course is a compulsory component of a new learning package for Award Verifiers. It covers:
- The purpose of the Award Verifier role, the key relationships they need to maintain and the resources available to support their role.
- eDofE, including how participants use it to complete their programme.
- Programme requirements of the DofE and know how to use eDofE to check they have been met.
- What evidence is required to approve an Award and what makes a good Assessor's Report.
- How to use eDofE to practically deliver key Award Verifier tasks.
- How to apply course learning to their own role and create an action plan for future development.
The course covers between one to three hours of learning, depending on the delivery method.
Who should do this course?
This course is aimed at new and existing Award Verifiers and who require refresher training. It might also be of interest to DofE Managers, who are responsible for identifying suitable Award Verifiers and require an understanding of the role.
- Complete the e-induction, available here – for an overview of the DofE, the programme and roles involved. Read the Learning Outcomes for the e-induction here.
- Complete the Introduction to the Award Verifier e-Learning, available here – for an introduction to the Award Verifier role and key tasks. Read the Learning Outcomes for the e-learning here.
- Finally, you will be automatically emailed a letter of completion for both courses, which you should send to the Course Director. When you complete the e-learning you also have the option to open and save the letter or resend the email.
No experience is required in advance of the course. Delegates will achieve a certificate on completion of the training.
Relation to other DofE Training:
See how the AV connects to the rest of the MTF.
Award Verifiers need to keep up to date with eDofE developments and other DofE developments that could impact on their role.
- Role description – for further information on the role and requirements, please see the Award Verifier role description.
- IttDofE training flyer – the training flyer for the Introduction to the DofE training course. Award Verifiers are encouraged to attend an IttDofE course or the combined IttDofE and Award Verifier course.
A number of videos have been produced to support the Award Verifier training. Use the WeTransfer link to download the videos to your computer.
- eDofE – How and where to sign in (DOWNLOAD)
- eDofE – How and where to approve Awards (DOWNLOAD)
- eDofE – How and where to verify Assessor Reports (DOWNLOAD)
- eDofE – How and where to verify evidence (DOWNLOAD)
- eDofE – How to address programme quality issues in eDofE (DOWNLOAD)