The Expedition Assessors Registration Form (EAAS/12) was introduced in December 2012 and can be found here.
The form has been introduced in order to ensure that:
- All Expedition Assessors are positively linked to any organisation they assess for. Assessors must be accredited with or registered to every organisation they assess for (Expedition Assessors cannot be ‘freelance’).
- Licensed Organisations (LOs) are made aware that they are responsible for any Assessor who assesses expeditions for them.
- Expedition Assessors (and LOs) are aware they do not assess for the DofE directly, unless they are a Network Assessor, they assess for the LO.
- LOs have suitable insurance and other procedures available to cover Assessors. By signing the EAAS/12 LOs are confirming that they are responsible for the Expedition Assessors whilst they are assessing on their behalf.
DofE Managers/AAP Managers:
- Please ensure that all Assessors who assess for you have completed an EAAS/12 in time for their next assessment with you.